TechBuddy is looking for a Country Manager who will build and lead our operations in Germany. We’re looking for someone who can find the core of what drives the business and ensures execution in line with that core.
The successful candidate:
- A structured problem solver, who’s analytical enough to break down problems into their core issues and draw conclusions on what to do from the current state of the business.
- Gets things done with a scaleable, asset-light and flexible setup.
- Has great communication skills and the ability to work effectively in an international environment.
- Is a self starter with hands-on mentality and has experience growing a business from scratch.
- Finds the balance between strategic decision-making and driving everyday’s business forward.
- Has a love for data and actionable metrics.
- Takes care of every little detail.
- Is a people person who is driven by integrity and honesty.
- Has the flexibility to tackle different business areas, and balance the macro and micro perspectives in our local business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage every aspect of our newly expanding operation in-country.
- Recruit the very best talent in this new market.
- Negotiate with service providers, and partners.
- Conduct extensive research regarding the market and learn everything possible.
- Develop operations teams with local expertise.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to strategize how to roll out our services most efficiently.
- Synthesize monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on progress and development.
- Network effectively with local clients and develop strong professional relationships.
- Work to ensure deadlines are met and budgets are maintained.
- Adapt the business model to be culturally relevant without losing its identity.
- Mentor direct reports, especially in regard to our values and vision.
- Contribute to the overall global success of our company.
- Fluent German and English
- Experience from the German market and business culture
- Strategic thinking
- Commercially minded and financially literate; experience of P&L management
- Gravitas with senior people and skilled in commercial negotiations
- Excellent execution, either personally or managing a team to do it
- Ability to solve ambiguous and complex problems
- Flexibility and adaptability; comfortable in a fast paced and changing environment
- Experience in a similar role with a fast-growth subscription and/or direct-to-consumer business